Blue Cheese Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cut into bread to make 1-in.-thick slices, but don't cut all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18 in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350° until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 250 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 17, 2019
I made this for St. Patricks day and it was amazing i loved it and so did my family - it is to die for, love Blue Cheese and this is a sure hit.
Mar 3, 2019
This recipe was very good! I'd prepared it on 2/21/2019 and used a loaf of regular baked bread. I used a 6-oz. package of blue cheese; the rest of the spread ingredients were kept as is. I'd spread the cheese mixture on halves before baking; put the halves together and baked. I sliced bread AFTER baking and shared it with various fellow community residents.
Jun 13, 2012
I love this bread. I make it every chance that I get. It has a very unique flavor and it you love blue cheese like we do at my house you will enjoy it.
Feb 20, 2010
Very tasty! Family really enjoyed!