Blue Cheese Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut into bread to make 1-in.-thick slices, but don't cut all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18-in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350° until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 250 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 17, 2019
I made this for St. Patricks day and it was amazing i loved it and so did my family - it is to die for, love Blue Cheese and this is a sure hit.
Mar 3, 2019
This recipe was very good! I'd prepared it on 2/21/2019 and used a loaf of regular baked bread. I used a 6-oz. package of blue cheese; the rest of the spread ingredients were kept as is. I'd spread the cheese mixture on halves before baking; put the halves together and baked. I sliced bread AFTER baking and shared it with various fellow community residents.
Jun 13, 2012
I love this bread. I make it every chance that I get. It has a very unique flavor and it you love blue cheese like we do at my house you will enjoy it.
Feb 20, 2010
Very tasty! Family really enjoyed!