Garlic Yeast Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf,(1 pound)
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 71 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Oct 6, 2011
Wonderful flavor! I didn't use a bread machine. Just proofed the yeast in the water with a pinch of sugar and added all the ingredients together after the yeast was ready. I use alot of the bread machine recipes without changing a thing.Always works fine.
Mar 23, 2010
In response to one above re not using a bread machine to make garlic yeast bread, please see the following web link sites:http://www.google.com/search?q=converting+bread+machine+recipe+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-aIf any problem, just key "converting bread machine recipe" into your search engine & the links should come up.
Mar 22, 2010
Does anyone know if I can make this recipe without using a bread machine?