Cheesy Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf French bread (about 20 inches), halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Mix mayonnaise, cheese, onions and garlic; spread on bread halves, if desired, sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Wrap each half in foil. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or freeze.
- Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes (20-25 minutes if frozen) or until puffed but not brown. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 273 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2014
I've been making this since it was featured and I am still making it. Delicious!
Nov 1, 2011
Was an instant hit and will always be making it!
Nov 1, 2011
My family LOVED this cheesy garlic bread. Will make it so many times.
Apr 10, 2010
We have been making this bread since it appeared in the Jun/Jul 1994 T of H issue and are making it in 2010! It is flavorful, satisfying and simple to make. A family favorite!
Jan 10, 2010
This recipe is great, but instead of mayonnaise I used softened butter. What a perfect addition to have with Lasanga. - Jennifer, Eagle River, Alaska
Mar 17, 2009
Really good. Definitely a keeper! Pretty easy too.