Cheesy Garlic Herb Quick Bread
This could be the perfect bread for any dish. The sharp cheddar cheese makes it irresistible.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Stir in cheese and add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet and bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 233 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Herb Bread in Taste of Home December 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.