Cheesy Garlic Herb Quick Bread
This could be the perfect bread for any dish. The sharp cheddar cheese makes it irresistible.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Stir in cheese and add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet and bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips