Cheesy Garlic Herb Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Stir in cheese and add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. cast-iron skillet and bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 233 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
May 29, 2020
I followed the recipe except I used 2% milk not fat free. It was an easy recipe. The dough (I wouldn't call it batter) needed to be kneaded. It baked well, I liked using the skillet. I agree the taste was somewhat bland. It seemed to be missing something or maybe more Italian spice? I still ate it though! :)
Apr 6, 2020
I followed the recipe. It cooked perfectly but the taste was bland.
Jan 8, 2019
this was a great compliment to the spaghetti and meatballs we had for dinner. I love "breads" made in a cast iron skillet.