Cucumber Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in sugar, cucumbers, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to cucumber mixture and beat just until combined. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 184 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2010
I have been bakeing this recipe for years and it goes over great with all who eat it. A friend uses raisens and choc. chips in hers!!
Aug 30, 2009
Really does taste like zucchini bread!!!
Aug 30, 2009
Tried this at a bake sale. It went over very well. Very tasty and moist. Liked the cinnamon flavor. Figgy3katz