Apple Raisin Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 216 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2019
I loved this bread! So easy to make! I cut down the sugar by a quarter cup and used Honey Crisp apples instead of tart apples. I added cranberries instead of raisins. This would make a great dessert with a little custard or vanilla ice on top.
Mar 6, 2017
Hi Roseluongo,Bread flour would not be appropriate in this recipe. With it's higher protein, you wouldn't have the same result as using all-purpose.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine
Mar 4, 2017
Can you substitute Bread flour for all purpose flour?
Sep 11, 2013
Dec 10, 2012
This is a very delicious bread. I have made this using craisins and I have also used chopped dates. The clove is wonderful. I have found that I can lower the amount of sugar quite a bit, it is sweet enough for me with 1&3/4 cup of sugar.
Mar 15, 2010
This is delicious! Just be sure to let the bread cool completely before taking out of the pan, or it will fall apart