Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Spoon half the batter into 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with half of the reserved cinnamon sugar; repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Wrap cooled bread in foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 204 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 25, 2019
Its only showing 4 ingredients. Wheres the rest?
Apr 25, 2019
This sounds like a tasty bread but only the dry ingredients are listed. Please list all ingredients. Thanks!
Apr 24, 2019
Why can't I print this recipe?
Jun 20, 2018
This was a good quick bread recipe. I did add more raisins because It makes for better bread in my opinion. This is good to have on hand for breakfast.
Feb 7, 2018
We really liked this bread but not the hard crust on top formed by the cinnamon sugar. I will continue to make this, but only put the cinnamon swirl inside.
Oct 18, 2015
I agree with one of the other reviewers. It was just ok, nothing special. It was missing the wow factor. It was quite easy to make but if I make again, I might try brown sugar and more raisins with a pinch of nutmeg to give it a less of a refined sugar taste.
Apr 10, 2015
We love quick breads at our house and also anything spicy. So when I saw this recipe, I couldn't resist trying it and it is very, very good. I will make it again.Nancy FoustField Editor PA
Mar 13, 2015
Very easy to make. I made a lemon glaze with lemon zest poured over it. It was delicious! My family loved it! A Henry Cleveland Ohio.
Oct 5, 2014
Made this bread for my Family, it was a hit especially with hubby-will definitely be making it again, great recipe!!!!
Apr 23, 2013