Blueberry Quick Bread
Most prepackaged quick bread mixes contain very little fruit. But this recipe calls for lots of juicy berries, so it's guaranteed to be moist and delicious.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into two 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 208 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Quick Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.