Cranberry Orange Almond Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients; stir in cranberries and almonds. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, zest and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
Really good bread! And, the house smelled amazing while it was baking! I doubled the recipe and was really glad I did as one just wasn't enough! This is really good toasted and has a sort of beer bread-like texture. Delicious, easy and I will be making it again!