Cranberry Orange Almond Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients; stir in cranberries and almonds. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, zest and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 21, 2019
This was a very tasty bread, it has a little denser texture, but the taste was so good.
Jan 10, 2019
Really good bread! And, the house smelled amazing while it was baking! I doubled the recipe and was really glad I did as one just wasn't enough! This is really good toasted and has a sort of beer bread-like texture. Delicious, easy and I will be making it again!