Pistachio Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake and dry pudding mixes. Add the eggs, sour cream, water and oil; beat until blended (batter will be thick).
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of the batter into 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Spread with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 169 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 20, 2015
My sister-in-law gave this recipe to me about 10 years ago and my family loves it. I use to only make it around Christmas time but have started making it all year long. It goes over really well as mini loaves for bake sales.
Mar 20, 2015
Delicious and a unique addition to a breakfast buffet I catered on St. Patrick's Day! I didn't have a white cake mix so I used a yellow one and it worked fine. Next time, I think I'll make up a little bit more of the cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkle some in the pan before adding the first layer of batter.
Feb 20, 2014
The best bread I have ever tasted. Hands down better than zucchini, banana, pumpkin-any kind! Divine!