Cherry Pistachio Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil, water and food coloring if desired; add to dry ingredients. Beat until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in cherries and pecans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 tablespoon over the bottom and up the sides of two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Add batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Dec 14, 2016
I made this bread into mini loafs for a fund raiser bake sale and people loved it. The bread is most and delicious. I actually made the bread on an old wood cook stove. Making another batch for an order to raise more money for shelter
Sep 12, 2015
This was very good! I made it as recipe instructed except I only put in 1/3 cup of chopped cherries. However this reminded me of the pistachio muffins you see in grocery store bakeries - I think I would try to make this recipe more like those by leaving out the cherries, substituting walnuts for pecans, and adding a drop or two or almond extract. I think this recipe would be just right for those muffins.
Dec 10, 2013
My favorite bread recipe, very easy and delish! Many requests!