Cherry Pistachio Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil, water and food coloring if desired; add to dry ingredients. Beat until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in cherries and pecans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 tablespoon over the bottom and up the sides of two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Add batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2016
I made this bread into mini loafs for a fund raiser bake sale and people loved it. The bread is most and delicious. I actually made the bread on an old wood cook stove. Making another batch for an order to raise more money for shelter
Sep 12, 2015
This was very good! I made it as recipe instructed except I only put in 1/3 cup of chopped cherries. However this reminded me of the pistachio muffins you see in grocery store bakeries - I think I would try to make this recipe more like those by leaving out the cherries, substituting walnuts for pecans, and adding a drop or two or almond extract. I think this recipe would be just right for those muffins.
Dec 10, 2013
My favorite bread recipe, very easy and delish! Many requests!