Aloha Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 80 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk, orange zest and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 239 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2017
This is one of the best breads I have ever tasted. So moist and the flavors were all great together. I took to work and everyone wanted the recipe. Thanks for a great new taste on banana bread.
Aug 5, 2015
This is a very tasty bread. I didn't drain the pineapple either, but do have a discrepancy with baking time. I make many quick breads, and have never ever baked any for over an hour. I suggest checking it after 55 minutes. I love the hawaiian twist to this recipe.
Jul 20, 2014
Excellent bread. I made some changes to make this a healthier treat for my family. I used all whole wheat flour; 1 whole egg & 1 egg white; 1/4 c, applesauce & 1/4 c. Coconut oil; and reduced the sugar to 1/3 c. Packed brown sugar & 1/3 c. Granulated sugar. I also added 1/2-3/4 t. Cinnamon. In addition, I pre-toasted the pecans and coconut to bring out extra flavor. I baked three mini loaves for about 55 min. This recipe is a winner!
Sep 12, 2013
Perfect morning treat!
Feb 10, 2013
Fantastic bread. Moist and refreshing. I used slivered almonds. Family enjoyed this bread and I will definitely be making this again.
Sep 28, 2012
Love the hawaiian twist to your typical banana bread recipe. I didn't have almond extract on hand so only used vanilla extract and chopped walnuts, Mmmmmmmm!
Sep 2, 2012
The way to do without the sugar is to use Stevia Blend. It is from the stevia plant and contains no chemicals. It is completely natural. You also use half the amount of sugar.
Apr 10, 2012
This was absoultely delicious and easy to make!!
Nov 7, 2011
Absolutely melt in your mouth good!
Jul 10, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly as written and we loved it. Will definitely make this again!