Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 179 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
I gavevthis 3 stars but with adjustments it was a solid 4-41/2. I added 1tsp baking powder and 1 tblp vanila. I used brown sugar in the cinnamon mix anx made dxtra topping to drizzle. I used milk and lemon , didnt have buttermilk. Thank goodness I read the reviews BEFORE I made it. Perfect texture and delicious with adjustments:)!
Mar 22, 2020
I made 2 loaves (separately). The bread was dense lacking flavor and much too sweet. There was no blend of batter with sugar/cinnamon, just 2 separate entities. What a waste of ingredients. Just awful.
Mar 14, 2020
If I could give this recipe no stars I would give it none. The lack of vanilla and the use of baking soda over baking powder creates a limp flavorless loaf. The amount of sugar used In the swirl Causes the entire center of the loaf to collapse when baked. There is absolutely no structure to the loaf at all and the crumb leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. This recipe was clearly formulated by somebody who does not understand what good bread should be. Lackluster flavor and even worse texture.
Dec 8, 2019
There is something seriously wrong with this loaf; no vanilla, no baking powder. I made my old recipe and there is a ton of difference. Do not waste your time on this tasteless recipe. Find one with baking powder and vanilla- my recipe has two teaspoons of vanilla and is moist and flavourful.
Oct 25, 2019
One of my favorite quick breads of all time! It is a hit on a Christmas goody plate.
Mar 3, 2019
I just tried this recipe a few days ago to take to friends they loved it. I am now making a second one for at home.
May 28, 2018
I thought this was dry (I didn't add the glaze - trying to save a few calories). There also seemed to be way too much sugar. I wouldn't make this again. It seemed bland and there was something off about the flavor.
Mar 30, 2018
Batter is way too thick and not much flavor at all. Will not be making again anytime soon.
Mar 11, 2018
This is a fabulous quick bread. It took just minutes to put together. A couple of minor adjustments that I will do when I make it in the future is mixing only 1/4 of a cup of sugar with the cinnamon for the topping. I also needed to bake the bread for 60 minutes. But, other than that a must make.
Jan 31, 2018
In my opinion, this is coffee cake, not cinnamon bread. Also, I agree with other reviewers that there is way too much sugar.