Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 179 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 25, 2019
One of my favorite quick breads of all time! It is a hit on a Christmas goody plate.
Mar 3, 2019
I just tried this recipe a few days ago to take to friends they loved it. I am now making a second one for at home.
May 28, 2018
I thought this was dry (I didn't add the glaze - trying to save a few calories). There also seemed to be way too much sugar. I wouldn't make this again. It seemed bland and there was something off about the flavor.
Mar 30, 2018
Batter is way too thick and not much flavor at all. Will not be making again anytime soon.
Mar 11, 2018
This is a fabulous quick bread. It took just minutes to put together. A couple of minor adjustments that I will do when I make it in the future is mixing only 1/4 of a cup of sugar with the cinnamon for the topping. I also needed to bake the bread for 60 minutes. But, other than that a must make.
Jan 31, 2018
In my opinion, this is coffee cake, not cinnamon bread. Also, I agree with other reviewers that there is way too much sugar.
Jan 20, 2018
Delicious!! A couple notes: It took an hour and 5 minutes to bake all the way through. Based on other reviews, I swirled the ciinnamon-sugar in A LOT to avoid problems with the bottom layer not baking properly. There was also way too much cinnamon-sugar mixture for my taste. Next time I will combine the cinnamon with 1/4 cup sugar instead of 1/2. Finally, it says to "pour half the batter" into the pan, but what I had was a soft dough, like for biscuits. Not "batter." I had to plop it in with a spoon; there was no pouring. :) I was craving cinnamon and this recipe was just what I wanted. (I skipped the glaze entirely. This bread is plenty sweet without it.)
Dec 31, 2017
Easy and delicious!
Nov 16, 2017
Is the batter supposed to be really thick? I had to press the batter with my fingers because it was too thick to spred with a spoon. It is in the oven now so will see if it is a keeper.
Oct 13, 2017
I LOVE THIS BREAD OMG!! I'VE MADE THIS SO MANY TIMES. I DON'T SWIRL THE CINNAMON, I just add it to the batter, I also divide the white sugar with 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 brown sugar in the batter. I don't do separate layers just pour it all in one bread pan, and then cover the top with brown sugar and more cinnamon. OHHHMYGOD!! THIS BREAD IS SO DELICIOUS! I've toasted it with just butter on it and I've put it in my waffle maker and made waffles with it topped with butter and sliced bananas and strawberries FANTASTIC!