Easy Cinnamon Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + resting Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Stir baking powder and cinnamon chips into batter. Spoon into a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Mar 28, 2017
I make this bread weekly. My only changes after making it per the instructions, are to use half regular sugar, half brown sugar, use heaping tsps. of cinnamon, and leave out the cinnamon chips. I have a toasted slice every morning for breakfast, yum!