Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18x8-in. rectangle; sprinkle each with about 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans, seam side down.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 133 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2019
I have made this bread several times and without fail it is perfection. I added finely chopped walnuts to the cinnamon and sugar mixture. My family loves it.
Mar 3, 2018
I am really pleased with this bread and its pretty swirl. It tastes wonderful and is soft with a lovely crumb. I reduced the cinnamon by half and was glad I did as it was a new bottle that was very potent. I'd be proud to give a loaf of this as a gift. Very much enjoyed!
Aug 12, 2015
This bread is the best recipe i ever made. I substituted honey for the sugar, and it came out like cinnamon buns..i made it three times so far and gave one loaf to a friend, they loved it!
Jul 11, 2015
This recipe makes a wonderful bread to enjoy for breakfast, either toasted or as French toast. Slightly sweet with a ribbon of cinnamon "goo" throughout. :) I halve the recipe and use fast rise yeast instead of active dry. Always turns out for me.
Feb 24, 2015
I made this bread and it was a hit, I will definitely be making this again.
May 10, 2014
I absolutely loved making this. I didn't have problems and my whole family couldn't stop eating it. Will definitely make it again!
May 1, 2012
Unfortunately my yeast didn't activate so it didn't rise like it was suppose to. However, it was still a big hit! Made it for my dad's birthday (becasue he LOVES cinammon)and got a big approving Mmmmmm! I would most definitely make this again :)