Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 121 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2015
So simple and absolutely delicious!!
Jan 27, 2014
I made one loaf, and 12 rolls. I only iced the rolls as the bread was perfect without it.
May 5, 2013
My husband was craving cinnamon bread so I looked online for a great recipe and decides to try this one. Oh my, I'm so glad I did! I make a lot of bread, and I think this is the best bread I've ever tasted! I made it a little more "heart healthy" and used olive oil in place of butter and even used two cups of wheat flour and it still tasted wonderful! I also (like another reviewer) didn't use the glaze on top because I thought the sweetness was just perfect without the extra sugar. I highly recommend this recipe. Thanks :)
Dec 24, 2011
VERY Easy. Very delicious. I have been told it's the most delicious bread folks have ever tasted. LOVE IT! Makes great gifts and a top seller at bake sales
Aug 2, 2010
My family loves this recipe. It makes two loaves so I freeze one for later.
May 14, 2010
Tastes just like a cinnamon roll. Excellent.
Nov 21, 2008
I thought the bread was sweet enough so I didn't make the glaze for it. And I was right - it was still delicious without all the extra sugar!