Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
Makes2 loaves or 5 mini loaves
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill two greased 8x4-in. or five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans about a third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 160 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 28, 2014
This is so moist and delicious! Walnuts not required. Great with whole wheat flour.
Dec 24, 2012
my whole family loves it when i make this.
Jun 10, 2011
We enjoyed this bread warm from the oven! Don't know how it would taste the next day -- ours was gone and gave the second loaf the the neighbor. A keeper!
Feb 4, 2011
My 22 year old son loved this bread! He thought it tasted like fresh cinnamon doughnuts. So much easier to make than fresh doughnuts! I'll be making this recipe again and again!
Mar 31, 2010
This bread is addictively good. However, I did change it a little. Instead of using oil I used cinnamon applesauce, so yummy!
Mar 23, 2009
The mini loaves are perfect for two. I freeze the rest and grab what I need when we camp.