Buttermilk Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion, 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, buttermilk, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread with remaining barbecue sauce. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2018
I made a boo boo and added all the BBQ sauce to the in loaf mixture, and I almost never use bread crumbs, I use oats for better nutrition. Only use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of oats, after all it is a "meat" loaf. Now I always use at least 6 TB BBQ sauce in the loaf. Sometimes I top it with more BBQ, sometimes not. GOOD LOAF.
Mar 13, 2017
My husband's favorite of all the meatloaf recipes I have tried!Delicious and it held together very well!
Feb 16, 2016
Nov 22, 2015
Most delicious meatloaf I ever ate. I'm watching my salt intake, so had to use a sub. But will always use this recipe.
Nov 10, 2015
This was surprisingly better than I expected. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and 1/2 pouch of Onion Soup Mix instead of a chopped up onion. Now one of my favorites! Very good!! And very good the next day, sliced up in a hot sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes!!
Aug 19, 2015
I made this recipe tonight. I actually only had a half pound of ground beef 93/7. I made muffin meatloaves with this recipe. I was able to get about 8 muffin sized mini meatloaves. I topped them off with wihpped mashed potatoes pipped using a start-tip. I made them into savory cupcakes and were adorable! The meatloaf recipe has a lot of flavor! I baked the mini loaves at 350 degrees for 25 minutes which might have been too long since the temp was at 190 degrees so maybe try 20 minutes.
Mar 4, 2015
Great taste and flavor. I used Montreal steak sauce instead of barbecue sauce.
Feb 19, 2015
Totally awesome..my family loved it . I also cut bacon strips in half and laid over the top of the loaf before putting it in the oven..then the last 10 minutes I spread the BBQ sauce on top...it kinda carmelized the top sauce. So Good
Dec 1, 2014
Very moist with good flavor. My family loved this meatloaf and asked me to make it again!
Jan 23, 2014
DELICIOUS!! I USED QUICK COOKING OATMEAL INSTEAD OF BREAD CRUMBS AND MY HUSBAND SAID THIS WAS THE BEST MEATLOAF YET! SERVED WITH SOME BROWN GRAVY WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS...YUMMY!