Simple Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional ketchup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 each: 239 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 14, 2016
Question: What is meat loaf seasoning mix and were is it located in the grocery store? Is there a quick sub I can use?
May 6, 2011
My husband loves this meatloaf. I bake it in 2 small loaf pans so we get 2 meals out of it with just the right portions. I would definately recommend this recipe
Jul 29, 2010
very easy to follow and make, subsituted quick oats for the bread crumbs
Jan 30, 2010
I have made this recipe for years. I have used crushed crackers instead of bread crumbs as well as I also add chopped chilli peppers or bell pepper. Great recipe!
Jan 17, 2010
This recipe is simple and very good. Instead of ground beef, I used ground bison. My husband and my daugther loved it!
Jan 11, 2010
When I made this recipe, I did not have ketsup so I used tomato sauce. This has to be the best meat loaf both my husband and I ever tasted. I cooked it is a 5 3/4 X 3" loaf pan. I will be making this recipe quite often.
Nov 16, 2009
My husband loved this meat loaf! It was very simple to make and healthy, too; what more can you ask for?
Aug 19, 2009
i was craving meatloaf so i decided to try this. it was almost as good as my grandmothers without the added fat! i will add more sweetness next time though