Cranberry Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground ham
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, optional
- Bay leaves and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and ham over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, baste meat loaf with barbecue sauce if desired. Garnish with bay leaves and cranberries if desired. Discard bay leaves before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 515 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Mar 31, 2014
I usually hate meatloaf, but I ate every bite of this! Lots of flavour!
Nov 30, 2010
The ingredients sound weird. I probably don't usually have them, I just happen to have some leftover stuff from a holiday. I made as is and it was AH mazing. This is the best meatloaf I have ever tasted. I wish I kept ham and cranberries around all the time. So delicious. Sweet, tangy, smoky... MMMMM
Nov 8, 2010
This recipe was amazing! I'm sure it rates 5 stars just as it is, but I didn't have ham or fresh cranberries, so I upped the ground beef to 2 lbs and put in the whole can of whole-berry cranberry sauce. Otherwise, everything was the same. Definitely slather sweet and spicy BBQ sauce on the top-the blend of these ingredients is perfect! Thank you for this amazing recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.