My Take on Mom’s Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with barbecue sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 264 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sep 17, 2016
I made this exactly as written a couple of weeks ago., right down to the pictured zucchini and corn side dish. Both my son and I enjoyed it.
Oct 14, 2011
My husband and I loved it and it also makes great leftovers!
Oct 11, 2011
did not add mushrooms(hubby doesn't like)pretty good .I used ground chicken & Ithink it made it a little tough
Jul 22, 2010
Husband and I thought it tasted funny. I don't think the sage or the mushrooms work very well in this recipe. Also, steak sauce and Worcestershire both?? Won't make again.
Nov 9, 2009
This was good but a couple family members thought it had too much seasoning. I doubled the recipe and froze one.
Jul 12, 2009
Very nice meatloaf. Did not have the mushrooms, but it was great. Served it w/ TOH Veggie Tossed Salad and yukon gold potatoes. Low carb was the reason I tried the meatloaf.