Mom’s Best Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drizzle top of loaf with ketchup; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 179 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2017
This meatloaf is tops!! Great recipe!
Jun 5, 2017
Will definitely make it again
Feb 6, 2017
wow, only had horseradish mayo so used some of that instead, this got rave reviews!
Dec 30, 2016
So savory! Next time I'll omit the allspice and sugar, but overall a great recipe.
Apr 11, 2016
Really good recipe! A nice change from the normal meatloaf! Should have doubled the recipe for leftovers :)
Mar 2, 2016
This is the best meatloaf I've ever had. I've been making this for a few years now, family loves it. Instead of using ketchup on top, I use a small can of tomato sauce, 1 TBL of brown sugar, and 1/12 tsps of lemon juice.
Mar 1, 2015
Our favorite meatloaf..I am not a meat loaf lover and have tried so many different recipes to find one I like too. This did it for me.I topped mine with hot bbq sauce with a touch of mustard in it though instead of ketchup.
Oct 14, 2014
I've used this recipe for a few years myself and I always get rave reviews from friends and family whenever I make it. Best meatloaf recipe in my mind.
Jun 12, 2013
This is a good and unique tasting meatloaf, but I am going to keep searching.
Jun 8, 2013
Very good. We all love it.