Meat Loaf from the Slow Cooker
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut three 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon over meat loaf. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 284 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 30, 2018
Love this slow cooker meatloaf!
Jan 28, 2018
Very Good...Mixture seemed a little loose, so I added a few more crushed crackers
Oct 20, 2017
Oct 1, 2017
I'm planning to make this, but I wonder... I use Crockpot Liners all the time, they are so easy and eliminate most of the mess and clean up. I love them especially at winter holidays when I put a turkey breast in the crockpot to cook - Wow - just lift out over the sink! So, I'm curious if I really need to use the strips of foil also since the liners are pretty strong. Comments? Suggestions? Thank you!
Mar 22, 2014
This is the only way I make meatloaf!
Mar 26, 2013
WOW!!! Very good and easy. The texture is better than the regular meatloaf that I make in the oven and the ingredients accent the taste. Mmmm...GOOD!!! (HINT) Foil strips are very important!
Sep 14, 2011
10 crushed saltines made a perfect 1/3 cup crushed saltines for me. The sauce has a great flavor and makes just the right amount to go with the meatloaf. I used all lean ground beef and then worried about it drying out but I kept the lid on the slow cooker and it stayed moist and the flavor was good. This is a great way to prepare meatloaf in the summer when you don't want to make your house any hotter.
Jul 22, 2011
It was so easy to fix and it cooked in 3 houe prefect.
Apr 10, 2011
Big hit with the family, have made it several times and love it!
Jan 29, 2010
We Love this meatloaf!!!! Sometimes I only make half since it is just my husband and I! Also I use yellow mustard instead of ground mustard because I always have it on hand! Enjoy!!!