Venison Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 204 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
Tried it last night. Delishes.
Jan 25, 2018
Definitely the best venison meatloaf I have ever made. The mustard topping was great.
Dec 6, 2017
I am not sure what I did wrong because i read all the reviews and they were all fantastic. This was the worst meatloaf I have ever made. It was mushy and I don’t know what went wrong!! Any suggestions welcome.
Jun 26, 2015
This is the best meatloaf I have ever eaten!
Apr 27, 2015
Venison is a staple in our diet, and in 34 years of marriage with 5 children, I've made meatloaf more times than I can count. My husband said this is the best meatloaf he's ever tasted, and I agree. I modified to use what was on hand...seasoned panko bread crumbs, cut the salt in half, Sweet Baby Ray's in place of brown sugar, mustard & vinegar. Added a 4 oz can of mushrooms, drained. Delicious!
Jan 7, 2015
Didn't have tomatoe sauce so I used ketchup. Didn't put onion in it, and to replace the brown sugar vinegar mustard topping I used barbecue sauce. And it's the bomb digity!
Nov 25, 2014
Apr 1, 2014
The whole family loved this!!
Feb 1, 2014
Family loved it!!
Nov 24, 2013
Great recipe!!!! You cannot tell it is venison! I had to alter a few things just because I didn't have all the ingredients and it still turnout out good! I used Ketchup instead of tomato sauce and apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar! Still turned out awesome! Thank you!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.