Quick Microwave Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a uniform round loaf in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 15-17 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 5 minutes. Drain; top with remaining sauce mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 30, 2018
My husband loves this recipe. I've made it twice. I did use ketchup in place of the tomato sauce. Both times the meatloaf was moist and firm. Makes great sandwiches the next day. I have to cook mine about 22 minutes in an 1100 watt microwave, but still very quick and extremely tasty. A round casserole dish browns more evenly, but the crust we got from making a round loaf in a square dish was pretty good, too. Gives me about 25 minutes to make a couple side dishes and clean up my mess before dinner!
Jul 14, 2012
This was a very good meatloaf.I almost did'nt try it because it was microwaveable.But was pleasantly surprised of thegreat flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.