Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Cut four 20x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 345 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 29, 2019
This meat loaf was great! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and divided the mixture into 12 muffin cups. I baked them at 350 for 25 minutes, which worked perfectly. The mini meat loaf cups were absolutely delicious and I can't wait to make them again!
Oct 13, 2015
Totally awesome! Everyone loves it! So easy to make!
Feb 20, 2015
Did not really care for this. A bit too mushy for me.
Jan 6, 2015
This was delicious. Even my picky son had two heaping helpings! We all loved it!
Jun 22, 2014
My husband always groans and rolls his eyes when I say I'm making meatloaf for dinner, but no more! We loved this -- so flavorful! I made it exactly as written, but cut the calories by using 96% lean beef, reduced-fat cheese, and baked tortilla chips. I might add a can of chopped green chilies next time, just for a little extra zip. This will be our go-to meatloaf recipe from now on.
Apr 8, 2014
EASY, GREAT TASTE, even good when it 's cold. This is a KEEPER!!!!
Nov 26, 2013
Not a big meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe
Apr 9, 2013
Leftovers make GREAT Meatloaf Tacos. Just heat up the meatloaf, slice it and place in taco shells. Top with jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Favorite Salsa on the side. Fantastic!!CEA
Mar 19, 2013
Dec 17, 2012
Taste wonderful. I made it a little too sweet. Will cut down on the brown sugar a bit.