Microwave Meat Loaf
Because this meat loaf cooks in the microwave, it's easy to prepare after a day's work. My Whole family finds each succulent slice tasty and nourishing. - Suzanne Ritchot, Ste. Anne Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, dried marjoram and dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add seasonings; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 9x5-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine the soy sauce and honey; spread over loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 18-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 10 minutes; drain. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Editor's Note: You can easily vary the flavor of Microwave Meat Loaf by replacing the oats with cornmeal or wheat bran. Or if you want to add a little more zing, use chili sauce in place of the ketchup and mustard instead of soy sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book