Mini Meat Loaf Sheet-Pan Meal
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, tomato juice, oats, onion and salt. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4x2-1/2-in. loaves; place on a sheet pan or large shallow roasting pan. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg; brush over loaves.
- Combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Add to pan in a single layer. Bake 25 minutes.
- Combine asparagus with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Add to pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted into meat loaves reads 160° and vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 meat loaf with 1-1/4 cups vegetables: 460 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Oct 17, 2019
I made this dish for visiting family. I substituted fresh green bans, because no one, except me likes asparagus (weirdos). Everyone raved about it..
Oct 16, 2019
Tasty, easy dinner . I used green beans , Brussels sprouts and butternut squash instead of asparagus. Delish!
May 2, 2019
Great weeknight meal, 1 dish with everything. I used garlic powder and parsley in my beef and fresh green beans. Use aluminum foil to line pan.
Apr 30, 2019
This was delicious! Instead of 1.5 lbs of ground beef, I used 1 lb of ground beef and 1/2 lb of sausage. I also addd cauliflower and roasted them with the asparagus in a separate pan so we could have more vegetables. I would recommend cooking the meat loaves on some non-stick aluminum foil. It made a sticky mess on the pan.
Apr 24, 2019
I love sheet pan meals and this one is a winner! My husband said it was one of the best meatloaves I had ever made and the veggies were cooked to perfection too!
Apr 6, 2019
Excellent meatloaf and all around great weeknight meal. I did not have tomato juice on hand so I used Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix. It is a substitution I will use from this time forward, because it was the perfect compliment to the flavors.
Apr 4, 2019
mighty fine eatin'