Microwave Egg Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 piece Jones Canadian Bacon
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
- 3 spinach leaves
- Place Canadian bacon on bottom of a 6-oz. ramekin or custard cup coated with cooking spray. Pour egg substitute over top. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds or until egg is almost set. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave just until cheese is melted, about 10 seconds.
- Line bottom of English muffin with spinach. Place egg and Canadian bacon over spinach; replace English muffin top.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 218 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Dec 28, 2017
Certainly sounds healthy
Sep 24, 2017
This is one of my favorite sandwiches. I sometimes eliminate the salsa.It makes a great sandwich for lunch.
Nov 23, 2016
These can be made with real eggs, too. I make mine in a coffee cup with a saucer to cover, just in case they explode a bit (which they frequently do). You can either scramble them by mixing right in the cup or unscrambled, but it is a good idea to break the yolk before microwaving. The cooking method I use is to add a dash of water in the cup and add egg (poked yolk or scrambled), season as you wish, then microwave on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Run a knife around the cup to loosen egg and serve on a toasted english muffin that is thinly spread with miracle whip. Cheese slices and bacon or ham or sausage just make them even better. Breakfast in 10 minutes or less. Wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.