English Muffin Egg Sandwiches
You can't beat the delicious combination of mushrooms, onions, peppers and cream cheese! Leave out the red pepper flakes for a less spicy taste.—Amy Lloyd, Madison, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and seasonings; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from pan.
- Wipe skillet clean and coat with cooking spray; place skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add vegetables; heat through, stirring gently.
- Spread muffin bottoms with cream cheese; top with egg mixture. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 244 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Scrambled Mushroom English Muffin in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016