English Muffin Egg Sandwiches
You can't beat the delicious combination of mushrooms, onions, peppers and cream cheese! Leave out the red pepper flakes for a less spicy taste.—Amy Lloyd, Madison, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and seasonings; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from pan.
- Wipe skillet clean and coat with cooking spray; place skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add vegetables; heat through, stirring gently.
- Spread muffin bottoms with cream cheese; top with egg mixture. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 244 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Scrambled Mushroom English Muffin in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.