Scrambled Egg Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 133 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 29, 2017
Easy, quick way to make an omelet for breakfast, and the ingredients can be changed up to suit your tastes. I made mine with bacon and three different kinds of cheeses.
Feb 25, 2017
They were very good when eaten right away but freezing made the muffins rubbery.
Jul 31, 2016
Made 24 mini muffin size for a church breakfast! Great, easy hand held breakfast item. For us, we added extra seasoning. Skipped liners and sprayed cups. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I enjoy making quick to assemble recipes using traditional ingredients in a new way!
Mar 31, 2016
These muffins are so easy and tasty! My whole family loved them. It is easy to change to your tastes too!
Jan 17, 2016
Added some mushrooms and diced potatoes, kids love them on the way out the door.Good job!!!
Sep 30, 2015
Great time saver ! Makes a great breakfast sandwich just egg in microwave and English muffin in toaster . Squash egg with fork and out the door. Try it with diced ham or chorizo yum. Tried in silicone cups and they just popped right out .
Aug 15, 2015
I made these and they taste WONDERFUL, but they completely collapsed. How do I keep this from happening?
Aug 6, 2015
Great idea with so many variations that can be done. I would say that 2 per portion is a bit more realistic.
Apr 19, 2015
Easy and delicious. I will try the cupcake liners next time to help with removing the muffins from the cupcake tray. A little messy!
Apr 14, 2015
These are great, but use silicone muffin liners! I tried paper, no liners and silicone, and silicone was the only way I didn't lose half the muffin!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.