Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 427 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 281mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 28, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. Family doesn't love mushrooms so I used cream of chicken soup. Turned out great. Will definitely make again.
Sep 16, 2016
This is awesome and my go to brunch dish. I use one package of refrigerator hash browns instead of frozen and combine the soup and milk first before adding whisked eggs. It's great with sausage but the other breakfast meats are also good in this!
May 3, 2016
Tasted great but I personally like my potatoes on the side and the casserole just be egg.
Mar 6, 2016
Can't go wrong with this one! I make it often; it's so flexible - different meats, add peppers, mushrooms, different cheeses, green onions/chives. Next time I'm going to add some fresh, chopped broccoli. Thanks for sharing!
May 3, 2015
Jan 19, 2015
I made this for a church prayer breakfast and out of about 10 breakfast casseroles this was the first one devoured. It was fantastic!
Feb 16, 2014
Great Casserole! I have made it several times already. I use Jimmy Dean precooked Turkey Crumbles instead of the pork sausage, non fat evaported milk and low fat cheese. I also add a can green chiles for a little extra kick. I make this, cut into serving size pieces and freeze for my husband to have for breakfast. I keep a couple pieces at a time in refrigerator and he heats in microwave. Delicious!!
Feb 15, 2014
I made this delicious dish this morning for breakfast and it is a winner. Definitely five stars and five thumbs up. This is going into my recipes as we will be having this again and again. Made very small changes - halved the recipe for the two of us, used square frozen hash browns instead of shredded and more cheese. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/894683/7752648.aspx#7752648
Feb 5, 2014
so good. definitely a keeper
Dec 26, 2013
I made this for Christmas (yesterday) and it was a hit! Everybody raved and raved over it. I cooked bacon & sausage on the side rather than including either one because some can't eat bacon and some can't eat sausage . . . therefore, for the meat, I gave them a choice of either or none. Since I didn't include the meat in the casserole, I did sprinkle a little kosher salt and black pepper over the layer of cheese - just a little. Even my 11 yr old niece loved it and kids aren't normally big on casseroles. Simple to make.