Egg Salad English Muffins
These toasty breakfast muffins will give you a jump-start on brisk autumn mornings. I make the egg salad ahead of time, then assemble them as needed. They're also good with bacon or ham. —Deborah Flora, Sawyer, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise and mustard. Place English muffins cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, 1/4 cup egg mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 365mg cholesterol, 1410mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffins in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.