Bacon-Egg English Muffin
Terry Kuehn of Waunakee, Wisconsin stacks cheese, Canadian bacon and poached eggs on an English muffin to make this appealing eye-opener. Perfect for one, this delicious open-faced sandwich is special enough for guests, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese over muffin halves. Top with cheese slices and Canadian bacon. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water and place over bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 247mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Bacon-Egg English Muffin in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.