Bacon Cheddar Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 21, 2015
Great quick and easy breakfast muffin.
Aug 8, 2015
Nothing extraordinary, but still a decent breakfast item. Will continue to make these, especially for rushed mornings.
Dec 28, 2014
Nothing special BUT if you need breakfast on the go, this is a great alternative to grocery store frozen breakfast items. To me not an entertaining item but a good make ahead homemade breakfast.
Dec 21, 2010
I turned these into jumbo size muffins...very good but I think they do need a little something..you mainly taste the bacon...trying again with buttermilk in place of regular milk...will update after
Nov 6, 2010
cud use some seasoning and it was not as crunchy as i wouldve liked but stilll awsome! perfect breakfast on the go.
Jan 17, 2010
Wow! These were super quick and super easy and cheezy-bacony good! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 17, 2010
Wow! Rhwaw qwew cey
Dec 21, 2009
These were delish! I made them for my boyfriend to eat in the mornings before work and he liked them very much. i used the real bacon bacon-bits that you can buy in the store and they worked just as well! they were very fluffy and tasted great