Bacon Cheddar Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened. Fold in cheese and bacon. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2015
Great quick and easy breakfast muffin.
Aug 8, 2015
Nothing extraordinary, but still a decent breakfast item. Will continue to make these, especially for rushed mornings.
Dec 28, 2014
Nothing special BUT if you need breakfast on the go, this is a great alternative to grocery store frozen breakfast items. To me not an entertaining item but a good make ahead homemade breakfast.
Dec 21, 2010
I turned these into jumbo size muffins...very good but I think they do need a little something..you mainly taste the bacon...trying again with buttermilk in place of regular milk...will update after
Nov 6, 2010
cud use some seasoning and it was not as crunchy as i wouldve liked but stilll awsome! perfect breakfast on the go.
Jan 17, 2010
Wow! These were super quick and super easy and cheezy-bacony good! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 17, 2010
Wow! Rhwaw qwew cey
Dec 21, 2009
These were delish! I made them for my boyfriend to eat in the mornings before work and he liked them very much. i used the real bacon bacon-bits that you can buy in the store and they worked just as well! they were very fluffy and tasted great