Bacon-Pimiento Cheese Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together cheese spread, butter, sour cream and egg until blended. Add muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill 10 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 212 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 25, 2017
Really good! It was a great side to bean soup.
Feb 18, 2017
I made mini-muffins with this recipe and served them with The South in a Pot Soup (both recipes are in Feb/Mar 2017 TOH). Delightful combination!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.