Bacon-Pimiento Cheese Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together cheese spread, butter, sour cream and egg until blended. Add muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- Fill 10 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 212 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
This recipe was also part of my chili bar I did for a party. I wanted regular corn muffins, but then I also wanted to try something a little different. I have had this recipe in my collection for quite some time but never tried it. I figured this was the perfect time! Let me tell ya, these have incredible flavor, and they are incredibly easy. I'm not sure I'll be able to have corn muffins the plain ol' way ever again.The party goers really enjoyed them too since they disappeared faster than the regular ones did!
Feb 25, 2017
Really good! It was a great side to bean soup.
Feb 18, 2017
I made mini-muffins with this recipe and served them with The South in a Pot Soup (both recipes are in Feb/Mar 2017 TOH). Delightful combination!