Bacon Potato Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 9-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Cook potatoes and onion in drippings until tender, stirring occasionally. Add eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Carefully run a knife around edge of skillet to loosen; transfer to a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2010
This is a good recipe, but omit the salt as bacon contains salt. Also never use a non stick pan. The coating in the pans are not good for you, especially if the coating is scratched or marred in anyway. I use a cast iron or stainless steel skillet and use butter to coat the pan. The butter contains salt also.