Bacon Potato Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 9-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Cook potatoes and onion in drippings until tender, stirring occasionally. Add eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Carefully run a knife around edge of skillet to loosen; transfer to a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 13, 2010
This is a good recipe, but omit the salt as bacon contains salt. Also never use a non stick pan. The coating in the pans are not good for you, especially if the coating is scratched or marred in anyway. I use a cast iron or stainless steel skillet and use butter to coat the pan. The butter contains salt also.