Hearty Ham and Potato Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add ham and potato; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned. Stir in the cheese, milk, horseradish and bacon; cook until cheese is melted. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon potato mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 555 calories, 39g fat (19g saturated fat), 527mg cholesterol, 1635mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Nov 19, 2017
The horseradish makes the dish. I used turkey bacon and nonstick spray in place of butter.
Dec 3, 2015
Aug 20, 2011
I love this omelet, I use o.oil in place of the butter, and add diced green onions, mushrooms and red peppers to brighten it up and the rest the same. i think that makes a wonderful flavorful combination,very hearty. thanks for posting.
May 15, 2008
It's easy to substitute the ingredients and make a healthy version.
May 14, 2008
Your breakfasts are very high in calories. Most people should only eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day and for an omelet or wrap to have over 500, that's an awful lot