Ham & Feta Omelet
Any excuse to have feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette is a good one! We pile this Italian-inspired omelet with tomatoes for a great get-started breakfast. —Brittany Beus, College Station, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, green onion, milk and seasonings until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edge.
- As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top one side with cheese and ham.
- Fold omelet in half; cut into two portions. Slide onto plates; top with tomato. Drizzle with vinaigrette before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 289 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 410mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Italian Feta Cheese Omelet in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.