Bacon Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the milk, mayonnaise, chives, garlic powder and pepper; mash potatoes. Stir in cheese and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 2, 2017
Made these for tonight supper! Taste like a loaded baked potato. I wasn't sure I would like the mayo in them but they were fluffy and there was no mayo taste. I am sure you could use sour cream instead would be just as deliciousI
Aug 6, 2013
quick and delicious!
Dec 31, 2012
This was good and a nice change from plain mashed potatoes.
May 6, 2012
I made chicken with this mashed potato recipe as a side dish. I am planning on making again. I heard that the mashed potatoes tasted like 'Thanksgiving' and someone even asked me if there was ham in it. I used turkey bacon which does not crumble, instead I tore it in small pieces, and was then mistakenly identified as ham by someone who did not know what ingredients were added.