Mashed Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain; place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, garlic salt and salt; beat until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Apr 28, 2014
I served this at a neighborhood potluck last night and everyone at the table had seconds. Would definitely serve it again. The only changes I made were to use green onions (4 sliced onions) and as I thought the quantity might be short I added a package of herb instant potatoes to stretch it. No one was the wiser. The dish was very popular with the crowd!
Nov 29, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving at work and everyone loved it! I didn't use a whole onion since some people do not like onions. I did add some onion powder and topped half of it with green onions. Delicious!
Dec 15, 2009
I make this a day ahead for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My family loves this recipe, even the kids. I'm always asked to bring this to our family events.
Nov 26, 2009
I made this a week ago at a church Thanksgiving dinner and now I'm making it for my Thanksgiving dinner at home. I like it not only for its flavor but because it reheats well, which is hard to do with regular mashed potatoes.