Home-Style Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes well and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 31, 2017
I was craving mashed potatoes. These were delicious! They were great leftover also.
Aug 3, 2014
simple and good
Jan 14, 2013
I make these very often. They are very good and the white pepper is something different.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.