Home-Style Mashed Potatoes
Leaving the tender skins on the spuds not only saves time, it sparks the taste and adds color to these hearty mashed potatoes. They're perfect with the pork roast and versatile enough to go well with other entrees. —Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes well and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Home-Style Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Mar 31, 2017
I was craving mashed potatoes. These were delicious! They were great leftover also.
Aug 3, 2014
simple and good
Jan 14, 2013
I make these very often. They are very good and the white pepper is something different.