Mashed Red Potatoes
These chunky mashed potatoes are rich enough to stand on their own. But if you like, take them over the top by adding your choice of cheese, bacon and/orsour cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 242 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 24, 2014
Not much different from how I would normally cook these if I was in a hurry.
Nov 22, 2012
These potatoes were awesome. I'll definitely be doing this again.
Jul 1, 2009
Seems like "regular" mashed potatoes to me.