Mashed Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and enough cream to achieve desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 161 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 24, 2014
Not much different from how I would normally cook these if I was in a hurry.
Nov 22, 2012
These potatoes were awesome. I'll definitely be doing this again.
Jul 1, 2009
Seems like "regular" mashed potatoes to me.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.