Loaded Baked Potato Rounds
I was trying to create an appetizer that could be served at my teenaged daughters birthday party that the kids would love but that would appear elegant enough for the adults to be interested as well. These are made with simple ingredients yet yield a sophisticated result. Feel free to get creative with the flavors. Try shredded white cheddar in place of mozzarella or thyme instead of the rosemary. Take it up another notch by topping the rounds with smoked fish. —Amanda Digges, South Windsor, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 4 medium potatoes (about 7 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first 6 ingredients. Place potato rounds on greased 15x10x1-in. pans. Roast until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Mix the first 5 topping ingredients; spoon onto potato slices. Top with crumbled bacon. Transfer to serving platters. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 39 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Loaded Baked Potato Rounds in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018