Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 5 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper; bake, uncovered, in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan until tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Combine potatoes with next five ingredients. In another bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over potato mixture, tossing to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 315 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Aug 27, 2019
When I make twice baked potatoes this is almost the same recipe-no milk used. Also try green onions in this salad version and no pickles. Yummy
Jun 1, 2019
Perfect for a large hungry crowd! When I make it again, which I wiil, I would half the sweet onion and use sharp cheddar. Just personal preference. Tastes even better on day two. ????????
May 17, 2019
Made no adjustments because I wanted to make it by the recipe first time. I was not disappointed. Took it to work for a staff lunch. Very well received by all. This will become our new favourite potato salad I think, even my fussy boys, who hate roast potatoes absolutely loved this one.
Jan 11, 2018
Good one tasty
Jun 16, 2017
May 22, 2017
Made this for a party and everyone just loved it! I'm saving this recipe and will be making this one time and time again! Easy and delicious.
Jul 31, 2016
I made this salad with high expectations. Was disappointed, my daughter liked it but my grandaughter didn't like it at all. Thought maybe it would taste better warm. Gave it to my daughter to take home.
Jul 27, 2016
This is the best potato salad I have ever made. I did scale it down to 10 servings and it was still delicious. Thanks Jackie for the awesome recipe.
Jul 21, 2016
I brought this potato salad to a potluck and it disappeared quickly! It was quite good, with the bacon and cheese making it extra special!
May 16, 2016
This potato salad was excellent! I'll definitely be making it again. The recipe does make a lot, so it's great to take as a dish to BBQs. I didn't have pickles on hand, but I put in a tablespoon or so of dill weed instead.