Fried Potato Salad
This recipe began with leftover fried potatoes I had on hand. We liked it so much that now I fry potatoes just to make this unique potato salad. Sometimes I add grated sharp cheddar for a cheesy twist. —Leann Stallard, Dryden, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 3 tablespoons applewood seasoning rub
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle potatoes with applewood seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes in batches; cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Test Kitchen tips