Honey Mustard Red Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mince white portions of green onions; slice green portions and reserve. Combine minced onions with celery, red onion and carrot. For dressing, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, thyme, sea salt and coarsely ground pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 1-inch pieces, preserving as much peel as possible. Combine potatoes with onion mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Top with reserved green onion slices.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jul 10, 2018
My only 2 changes were using 1-1/2 lbs. red potato salad and regular salt. I'd cooked potatoes 20 minutes total and added 1 Tbsp. white vinegar to water before cooking! This potato salad is a real keeper! I am NOT a fan of mayo-based potato salad! The vinaigrette-type dressing added so much to this salad!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.