Potato Salad with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Add beans; return to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the beans are crisp-tender and the potatoes are just tender; drain and cool.
- Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes and onion. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over the salad; toss to coat. Cover and
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 141 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 28, 2012
This was one of the first recipes I ever tried from Taste of Home, and that was years ago. I loved it and still make it every summer. The dressing had a tangy quality that is refreshing and different. And to be honest, I actually prefer this recipe while the potatoes are still warm. Very yummy. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.