Warm Green Bean & Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, ground mustard and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, parsley flakes and tarragon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Add green beans to potatoes; return to a boil. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; add to dressing and toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and onion. Serve warm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2016
This was good, I used small creamer potatoes so the cooking time needed to be shortened. I used fresh herbs instead of the dried. The salad was a winner, even the teenagers ate it.
Dec 30, 2015
Very tasty. I don't usually like warm salads, but this one was very nice. Made great leftovers, too. I don't like raw onions (especially in an otherwise warm salad), so I sauteed them in oil before adding.
Jun 11, 2015
Willing to try it but is it good on all meats seafood grilled or fried?
Jul 15, 2014
Overlooked my potatoes a tad, but still good! Next time I will add fresh garlic, too. Served this with TOH slow cooker pork chops. Both recipes complemented nicely.
May 18, 2013
This is a favorite; I've made it several times already. I don't love raw onions, so I leave them out. Otherwise, it's perfect!
Apr 28, 2013