Black Bean and Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red or cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until well blended. Add the beans, corn, onion and red pepper; toss well. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 111 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 29, 2019
This is one of my favorites. It is very tasty and refreshing.
Mar 15, 2019
This is a really nice side dish, appropriate for any meal. It is also popular at church and work pot lucks. The only change I make is to add a little chopped celery for a nice crunch, and a little chopped green pepper for color!! VFE
Mar 6, 2016
Delicious, made no changes.
Aug 30, 2015
This salad was great! I just made two changes, I used half the amount of onion and I broiled the corn in the oven until it had a little bit of char marks.
Jun 21, 2010
This salad was very popular with friends who came to over. We ate it as a salad, and later in the day with tortilla chips like salsa. With the few remaining leftovers, I plan to make soup with leftover chunked chicken breasts and chopped tomatoes!